Ernest Glad, a former university professor in Financial Management, started the business in 1992 to cater for the growing needs among organizations for Activity-Based Costing solutions.
During its first few years numerous assignments were undertaken for large complex businesses and the organization developed expertise in managing information in these environments. This lead to its development as a specialist Business Intelligence consultancy and today Cortell provides a variety of products and services in this arena. A brief historic review:
- Ernest Glad starts the consultancy business in April 1992.
- Company started the development of its own Activity-Based costing system, ValuMax in 1993.
- International expansion started in 1995 with Cortell acquiring international clients.
- Acquired TM1 as a product in 1996.
- In 1996 the Auckland branch was formed to provide similar services in Australasia.
- In 1997, the scope of the company expanded in the field of Business Intelligence and as its client base grew, the Company began offering several new products and services in addition to its ABC services. The development of the CustoMax Customer Profitability solution started in 1998.
- The Wellington office opened in 1998.
- In 1999 Cortell Health was formed to focus on hospital applications. The development of the IntelliMax Patient Intelligence product was started.
- Meridian Manager was acquired in 2000 to focus on management and accounting requirements of small to medium sized businesses.
- The development of Transparent Shared Services solution started in 2001.
- Cortell Supply Chain Solutions, started during 2003, provides supply chain solutions.
- Cortell expanded in the field of Tertiary Institutions (2004) where it acquired the distribution rights for the Integrated Tertiary Solutions (ITS) in Australasia.
- The North American office opened in Dallas TX, USA in 2004.
- Cortell opens first Australian office in Sydney, NSW in 2005.
- Satellite offices opened in Hamilton and Christchurch in 2006 to serve clients in these New Zealand regions.
- Cortell South Africa office sold to management in 2007.
- Cortell North America focuses almost exclusively on the USA Hospital sector from the beginning of 2008.
- Second Australian office opened in Melbourne, VIC in September 2008.
- Cortell NZ, Cortell SA and Cortell Aus to operate 100% under management control from 2009 as controlling shareholding sold to management. Cortell Group continue to work together on projects for international clients
Today Cortell is a group of companies that supplies consulting, implementation and development services. It has several blue chip organizations as clients and it operates in a number of industries such as:
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Public Sector
- Supply Chain
- Tertiary Education
The Company operates in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, South East Asia and China. It has a staff complement of approximately 90 full-time staff members made up of Chartered Accountants, IT specialists and Engineers.
It has several international alliances with software and other consulting companies to provide solutions to its clients. Staff are moved around between countries when necessary to share skills and experiences.
Cortell develops several products on its own and has a strong development team. Major technologies include MS SQL Server, Oracle, Delphi and .NET. For further information, please feel free to contact us.